At first glance, trusting another company with your phone calls might seem risky, if not straight-up absurd. We get it! No one knows your business like you do—yet. How can you be sure that another service will capture exactly what makes your business special and communicate that to every caller? I sit well within earshot of two of our product specialists Ben and Richard in the PATLive office, and I hear them answering dozens of variations of these questions every day. I’ve decided to step in and peel back the curtain on PATLive’s call scripting because it’s the most important part of our process, which we’ve just about perfected in the 28 years we’ve been in business. We customize a script for every single business whose calls we answer. It’s what allows us to serve your callers like only you can. Here’s how we customize the perfect script:
We’ve got a head start
We’ve answered calls for a lot of different types of businesses since 1990. This gives us (and you) an advantage when it comes to developing a call script. Chances are, we’ve answered calls for a business like yours at one point or another, which has led to a hefty backlog of template scripts of all kinds. While some answering services might just thrust one of these templates into your arms and send you on your way, we use them simply as a starting point. From there, we can add or adjust as much or as little as you like. Alternatively, we’re more than happy to start from scratch if that’s what you’d prefer.
The same goes for our Live Receptionists, of course. Your call script is ultimately the tool that allows them to become a member of your team every time the phone rings. It’s fairly likely that they’ve answered calls for a business like yours in the past, meaning they’ve already got plenty of experience with the types of callers you might get, questions they might have, and industry terminology.
No one knows your business like you do
“The more information we have about your business, the better suited we are to answering your calls.” That’s the sentence I hear Ben and Richard repeat most often on the phone to callers in the process of developing their scripts—for good reason.
It might only take a few minutes to compile the majority of your script, what 90% of your callers will be calling about. A chiropractor’s script, for example, might be mostly focused on managing appointments. The other 10%, however, is just as important. What about callers who want to know how they should prepare for their appointment? How early should they arrive? Is the office wheelchair-accessible? What if a patient needs directions to the office? These details make up the difference between a mediocre phone experience and the perfectly simple, stress-free phone experience callers always want, but rarely find. So, expect the unexpected. Every additional tidbit of information you can provide about your business, your customers, and why they might be calling, is helpful, no matter how insignificant it might seem.
Your script is an ongoing process
Your script is only finished when you say it is. Even then, if you decide later that it actually isn’t finished, that’s fine too! We can edit your script any time you want, as many times as you want until you’re satisfied. Our Contact Center is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, which means you can make those changes via phone (800-775-7790) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) any time you want.
Trusting an answering service to deliver your phone experience for you can be risky, but with the right service at your side, it’ll save time, money, and you’ll wish you had done it sooner.