Oh, Valentine’s Day. A holiday that’s all roses and chocolates and love; it can make a person feel all swoony about everyone in their life. However, that day is not today.
Today is the day after V-Day. It’s said that divorces and breakups spike right after this love-centric holiday, so if you’re mulling over a soured customer or client relationship, you would be in good company. Even though you aren’t divorcing them, making the decision to fire a client is a rough one. The lines can be blurred. Egos are bruised. Emotions are flying high. It can be just as difficult as a divorce.
Here are some signs it’s time to send your customer packing:
- They are verbally abusive to you or your staff.
- You are asked to do something unethical or illegal.
- They refuse to pay new pricing.
- The client expects you to focus only on their business. All others be damned.
- They don’t trust you to do the service you provide.
Sound familiar? If those signs don’t immediately help you to decide, maybe you need some more convincing. Take our quiz to find out whether it’s time to give your customer the heave-ho or if your differences can be worked out.
Have something to add? Tell us in the comments!