You probably already know this, but it’s pretty important to be warm when you’re speaking with customers. If you’re as icy as a White Walker, those customers will run in the opposite direction.
Want to feel the chill to your bones? Check out these customer service statistics:
53% switch because they feel unappreciated. (NewVoice)
42% switch because they are put off by rude or unhelpful staff. (NewVoice)
32% switch because they are fed up with speaking to multiple agents. (NewVoice)
29% switch because they are annoyed by a lack of staff knowledge. (NewVoice)
25% switch because they are tired of being kept on hold. (NewVoice)
It’s important to keep your customer service nice and toasty, especially on those cold, winter days lingering just around the corner. Here are some tips for saving your head and retaining your customers.
Tips for Keeping Your Customers Toasty Warm
- Make customers feel appreciated. Incentives, contests, etc.
- Be a human being regardless of the channel. Practice empathy, listen, and above all, be helpful.
- Don’t make customers switch from staff member to staff member too many times.
- Keep hold times to a minimum when possible. Customers get impatient – don’t make them wait too long to fix an issue.
- Be knowledgeable about your business or product. No one wants to speak with someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. You’re supposed to be the expert, so be it.
Don’t settle for icy cold customer service. Winter is coming! Keep your customers warm by making them feel appreciated, heard, and helped.